The two-story residential building of the merchant Kolesnikov was built in 1891 according to the design of the architect John Wilhelm Edel (1863 - 14.02.1932). The house faces three streets: Tarlan Aliyarbekov (former Milyutinskaya street), 8, Abdulkerim Alizade (former Baryatinskaya street), 7 and named after Polish Architects (former Khurshud Banu Natavan) and has a responsible urban planning position in the structure of the historical quarters of Baku.
After the communist takeover of 1917 in Tsarist Russia, which included Azerbaijan, until 1923 the building housed the «Baku Mutual Credit Society».
At one time, domes were placed on the main facade of a residential building in the central and corner parts of the building to enhance the overall silhouette. Unfortunately, when adding the third floor in the 1950s, they did not take into account the volumetric and spatial composition of the building and the dome was unceremoniously demolished, adding a third residential floor.