The building of the «Mariinsky Women's Gymnasium», built in 1887 on Sadovaya (now Niyazi) Street. The building was projected by Russian architect Mikhail Denisovich Botov (1855-1886). However, due to his early death, the customer turned to the German architect Nicholas August von der Nonne (16.06.1835 – 13.08.1908), who completed the project. The ceremonial laying of the foundation of the building took place on July 22, 1885. The grand opening took place on Saturday, September 26, 1887. The historical building is an architectural monument and is protected by the state.